Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Angus Young, check your surroundings: Bibi is Missing

Alert to Bibi's followers: this post is written by the person who buys Bibi's food and provides her with a sumptuous lifestyle to which, I thought, she had become accustomed to the point of never leaving it. On Christmas night after protracted and heated discussion over seeing AC/DC in Paris in June 2010, Bibi ran out the back door, notwithstanding anticipated cold weather mixed with rain. (Bibi was born in the late spring and has never been in the cold, so I'm worried.) Signage has been put up in the neighborhood and an online lost pet service has been contacted. A couple of neighbors have reported sightings, so I'm encouraged that Bibi is lurking about, not yet having convinced anyone to fund a trip to Australia to meet Angus. I realize she's annoyed about the continued reluctance to promise a trip to Paris to see Angus and company, but just so you see it from my side: do you have any idea how expensive it is to send Bibi on the road? She's a bit of a diva at home and as a traveler, well, let's just say she doesn't travel light.

I will sub for Bibi in her absence, although I know my insights won't be as profound, witty or incisive. Her consuming love for Angus continues unabated, I'm sure, and she wouldn't want any AC/DC news to be left unnoted. Luckily, since the guys are on hiatus before the Australia/New Zealand shows in late January 2010, there may not be much that Bibi misses before her fervently hoped-for return. I know she would appreciate your wishes for a quick return, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment