Saturday, May 2, 2009

Bibi gets some web-press!

I'm so thrilled that I got mentioned on acdc.com--and in a good way!

For a unique perspective on AC/DC's stop at O2 Arena in London, check out the recent piece in the Telegraph by journalist/TV host/car enthusiast/Acca Dacca fan James "Captain Slow" May (thanks for the heads up, helen13!). Here's an excerpt: "AC/DC are a band for jumping up and down to. Something about the AC/DC rock pump reduces the complex and troubled human condition to a simple desire to jump up and down. Other bands were good for this but have now gone, and newer bands may be good for it, too, but they don't have the authority that only age and endurance can bestow. AC/DC are the best, and have an uninterrupted history of being AC/DC. Jumping up and down to AC/DC, like going to a pub and the pox, is a great leveller. Prejudice, class and other trifling differences are swept aside as all peoples become united in a common conviction of an intensity that faith leaders and politicians can only dream of. Jumping! Up and down!"

Well said, James. Next up for AC/DC is five dates across Germany, so get those sneakers out and get ready to jump up and down once more.

Of course, those of you who follow this blog already read the entire article, but validation feels so good! Just under six weeks now before the trip...I'll take the positive mention as a good omen. Have all the Paris guidebooks/maps now; thinking about an Amsterdam guidebook--already have a recent map. Since I have such a guidebook jones--just love reading them, I've had to limit myself to only those that I've bought the flight tickets for--but will probably end up buying one for Bruges/Ghent. Fingers crossed that the H1N1 thing is losing strength and won't be an issue for anyone much longer!

Saw I Love You, Man tonight. (I give it a B+.) Had some really funny moments and Paul Rudd is so adorable. The movie has an extended reference to Rush. I'm not saying this just because I love AC/DC, but AC/DC could have done the concert bit in the movie easily and the music that the characters play could very easily have been AC/DC riffs instead of Rush.

No comments:

Post a Comment