Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Hall and Oates Concert, September 10, 2012


Hall and Oates ROCKED!! Great concert, Daryl's voice sounded way more solid than a recent review led me to think and the band--same one from Live from Daryl's House--cooked! The audience was totally into it and had a noticeable effect on the show. Small-ish venue, friendly crowd, very laid back, had a really good time. Set list was a total trip down the hits list: Maneater kicked off the show, then, Family Man (one of my more recent faves), Out of Touch, Say It Isn't So (ok, I hear Butch Walker's version in my head, but nothing less than) EXCELLENT, a couple of songs from their early days, plus a solo work by John Oates, up next, She's Gone, Sara Smile--I almost cried, it was so fantastic to hear Daryl sing it live--I Can't Go for That, Rich Girl, You Make My Dreams--the place was completely insane by this time--Kiss On My List and last, Private Eyes. Everyone had been singing alongm especially with the last few songs, though, the place was reverberating!  Some fans dancing, including me and Flaca, and we just had a blast!!! Got to shake hands with the sax player later, but (sigh) no pictures with H & O and no autographs. Still, so glad we came to this.   If yiu get a chance to experience Hall and Oates--HIGHLY RECOMMEND!

No comments:

Post a Comment