Wednesday, September 26, 2012

The Butch Walker Mixtape II (feels like version 2.879)

I'm very happy with my Butch Walker Mixtape II, but honestly, have already been thinking of improvements, especially in regard to giving it to a less edgy crowd that could (might) still enjoy listening to his music and spread the word around.  Funny thinking of the people I have already given the cd to as edgy, but there it is.  Plan to give copies to the food trucks at the University Center and those versions should be sans the s and f words, just to be sure there's no violation of University policy, right?  Thought of adding She Likes Hairbands and Freak of the Week to replace Summer of '89 and Sucker Punched, as much as I like those two songs.  All that energy and attitude are so alluring and make them total, raucous sing-alongs.  Talk about feel-good music!

Then, I really listened to She Likes Hairbands and wondered if there were some University policy violation in the lyrics, what with all the sex. lol  Such a great song, though, and one of the standards at Butch's concerts.  Integral to my marketing plan is to showcase his range and include songs that often show up in concert set lists.  That way, if Butch did come to Houston and some of those who received the cd attended with me, they could sing along with me--and Butch, of course.

Sent off copies of BWMII to Sarah and Tommy, so the San Antonio and Las Vegas markets are covered. ha ha  Also, to Cactus with a cover letter.  Will send one to Raymond with the shower gifts for Sanne so that the Sneek/Friesland music market is alerted.  I know.  His review of Butch's LFDH episode did not resound with "I REALLY LIKED IT".  For me, episode 54 was dynamite:  such a burst of exhilaration, excitement, love of music, great example of Butch's voice, song writing, charisma, charm, who wouldn't fall all over it like I did?  Once Raymond listens to the broader mix in the cd, though, I'm still convinced he's a Butch Walker fan in the making. 

Bought more blank cds--this is getting a bit bigger than I anticipated.  BUT, not buying anymore, my career as a tastemaker for Butch Walker's music is just about complete.  I've planted the seeds in as many places as I can, now have to settle down for the flowering of my efforts. 

PLUS, Halloween is coming!  Usually by this time in the semester, have the costume planned and well on its way to realization.  This year, don't even have the beginning of a concept for work or Carol's party.  Sarah's got me started on her costume and I have to make the baby shower gift(s) and get it/them to Holland by mid-October.

So, work on the Butch Walker Mixtape II, (revised) and get it out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment