Monday, July 20, 2009

Man looks in mirror and sees--Angus Young!

Funny article about men's summer city shorts:
I have never considered shorts an item of fashion. As far as I'm concerned they don't even count as being all-the-way dressed. They're fine when you're on holiday in a country where your status as a tourist makes you unsightly anyway, but they're far too jaunty for any sort of formal occasion – a wedding, say – where your role as a middle-aged man is to bring everybody down a little bit.
The shorts aren't that revolutionary: flat-fronted and slim, in a dark grey herringbone fabric. They look like my suit trousers, only shorter; they reach to just below the kneecap. I pair them with a polo shirt. "How do I look?" I ask my sons. "Like you're wearing a school uniform," says one of them. He isn't wrong. When I put on the jacket of the aforementioned suit, I instantly recognise the man in the mirror as AC/DC guitarist Angus Young.


Well, I think: he should be so lucky as to look like Angus.

It may be hard waitin' round to be a millionaire, but it's really tough waiting for the Black Ice Tour to get back on the road. Particularly hotly awaited/debated: the US Summer Tour set list. I've been listening to Let There Be Rock and Powerage a lot and really, so many great, under-played songs: Go Down, Bad Boy Boogie, Overdose, Rock n Roll Damnation, Gimme a Bullet, Sin City, Gone Shootin', Up to My Neck in You, Kicked in the Teeth--well those are just about all the songs on those two albums that the boys haven't had in the most recent set list, so the problem is huge. There are so many great songs in their discogpaphy, there's no way they can play them all. If I had to, my top three additions to the set list would be Girls Got Rhythm, Sin City (Cliff would have a bass solo), and Live Wire (or High Voltage). Like anyone's reading this, but if someone in the AC/DC management is, stick that in your fuse box and include them in the summer tour.

No comments:

Post a Comment