Friday, July 3, 2009

Back to the Daily Grind--Without Having Met Angus Young

I knew it had to come, right? The letdown blues after the huge rush of the AC/DC European Tour/Bibi Prowls Around Europe swing. Especially since one of the primary goals: meeting guitar god Angus Young, wasn't met. This can only mean that my quest to do so must continue. Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but soon and for the rest of my life...oops, I'm watching Casablanca, so getting carried away. What I meant to say was, we'll always have Paris and Amsterdam and--don't start thinking I've gone all rat street crazy--I'm convinced that AC/DC will add more dates to their US tour and/or the purported Mexico-South American segment of their world domination and then, I will meet Angus.

Face it: lots of saner people than me have more outrageous dreams and hopes than mine to meet Angus. So, pre- and post-BPAE I steadfastly and in complete sincerity maintain that I will meet him and I won't embarrass myself royally like I did with Ralph Fiennes, although, to my credit, I bet he still remembers the fan that brought up his sex scenes in a movie.

Life in Houston has been hectic, hot, and costly--the darling car just required $1400 as a form of devotion today--and so the sense of being under a heavy shroud since I got back is all too with me. Life without the anticipation of seeing the guys in action in the near future, adds to my palpable feeling of oppression. There are no real plans for seeing AC/DC during the US/Canadian dates, although I did say to luci_martini that if they came to Toronto (her city), I'd be in touch. Especially with the recent car expense, funds would basically have to fall out of the sky to even consider a trip to Galveston, much less an AC/DC concert.

The saving elements have been the emails from the AC/DC fans I met during the trip, the fantastic photos they've sent, their really positive energy all focused on AC/DC. Reading the email has brought back all the great moments, fabulously mild weather, wonderful sights and memories...THANKS, you guys!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment