Saturday, June 27, 2009

After the June 23 Concert, follow-up

I went back to AC/DC's hotel after the concert and my new friend, Tom, told me that the band had already gone in for the night. He was so downcast about not getting Malcolm's autograph, I saw AC/DC's head of security standing outside the hotel and encouraged Tom to speak to him, just in case there were something that could be done to get the signature. Guess he felt sorry for Tom (maybe me, too) and he told Tom what time the band would be leaving the hotel the next day. I went to my hotel and found that I could get a double room for the next night, but I couldn't get any flight change info from KLM because their computer system was down. Decided that was a sign from God--had to go home. sigh

Tom and I have emailed since I got back and he told me that he did take some time off from work and did manage to get Malcolm's autograph, plus a picture. He also posted some videos on Youtube--pretty good depiction of the excitement and fantastic music at the concert. Also got an email with photo from Eric, who sat next to me at the show. Will work on posting the latest pics!

No comments:

Post a Comment