Thursday, June 11, 2009

Cliff Williams, in person!

omigod, omigod, omigod: BON SCOTT SCREAM HERE--just got back from meeting Cliff!!! My lovely friends in Paris invited me to dinner at their place and after we ate and played a bit of Rock Band, Marc decided we must go for drinks at the guys' hotel. YES, I am vindicated--or the value of the internet is once again demonstrated--I did know where AC/DC is staying in Paris. Incredibly posh place, of course, and the drinks--though really pricey--were good when all of a sudden, Cliff came in and sat at a nearby table! Didn't want to intrude on his time with his friends, so thought, oh, well, the place is fabulous, the drinks and company are great--and I got to see Clliff.After a short time, though, Cliff went over to the bar and a couple of fans there asked for his autograph. Decided to take a huge chance and walked over with my RS magazine and sharpie. Yes, I did have those things with me; better safe than sorry! Cliff was so gracious and is really an attentive listener. I gushed about how great AC/DC was and his valuable addition to the band's work. He took my hand and shook it in both of his, saying how he appreciated my kind words--what a guy!! Told him Marc and I would see him on Friday and he commented on how although Paris was certainly expensive, it was a great town to be in.What a night!!!

Really can't wait until tomorrow night! Just got into Paris on Thursday morning, haven't really slept since I left Houston on Wednesday and it's after 3 am now. But, will defintely be ready for the show. So incredible meeting Cliff!!

No comments:

Post a Comment