Thursday, October 25, 2012

Butch Walker and John Oates: Unlikely Combination

OK, ran the errands, drank the coffee, watched/listened to Butch Walker singing Say It Isn't So from Episode 54 of Live From Daryl's House http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kj2PUz3Jax0&feature=colike As I think of it, the butch version of Say It Isn't So.

and it's now time to get back to the costume for Saturday.  The hat and jacket are ready, except for the embellishments.  The skirt looks easy enough so might go to Southern Imports to look at the wigs one more time.  Took the scrapbook and hat to Stitch n Bitch last night and they didn't look at them with pity in their eyes, so I'm encouraged.  Was thinking that if I go to the rodeo this year, parts of this costume could work.  Can't say that about all costumes, so this is a plus.  Here's the concept: 

I'll be Lupe Velez/The Mexican Spitfire, famous B actress from the 1930's.  Most of her glamour shots showcase that side of her persona which IS impressive, but obviously, I had to select something less outré, more accessible to me as a seamstress and for the audience.  Been a good experience so far and that's really helping with the momentum.

Have been practicing for tomorrow's costume--John Oates from Hall and Oates.  I think I've got the music down--Rich Girl and Private Eyes--have to work on the patter and presentation overall.  Nervous about the moustache and spirit glue.  Might go for a trial run on that part while I'm working on the costume. 

Let's say this all works out in terms of execution, MAYBE there will be pictures later.

No comments:

Post a Comment