Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Butch Walker' s Say It Isn't So Stats--Update

Whoa, since August 28, 1669 views of Say It Isn't So from Live From Daryl's House, Episode 54, have occurred--and believe me, not even half the views are from me (lol)!  Sure, I watch the song at least once a day, but I have rules about over-viewing.  Guidelines, really, more than rules.  Most of the time, I limit myself to watching the one song only once (or twice) and then, maybe watching the entire episode.  Butch seems so enthralled with the whole experience and really, so does the entire band, especially Daryl.  Looks like they had so much fun.  Love to see that!

If I hadn't been so besotted with Butch from the beginning, I would have kept track of the different videos I watch that showcase him; so now the stats really need some re-thinking n terms of value.  Of course, I can't identify any other videos I've watched with as much devotion as Say It Isn't So; there aren't any, really, that I watch over and over.  Geez, guess all researchers go through this--support group out there?

Have watched the Letterman performance a few times--probably no more than 10-15 instances and the video with Wooderson a few times.  I do love Sweethearts from the LFDH episode, so I've watched it a few times, maybe 20.  Such a great song, how could anyone fault me for that, though?  And, of course, watch Mixape whenever there's a bit of time.  Justification there is that he doesn't include this song in his performances so much, so that makes my revisits to that one okay.  Between all the viewing of whichever videos, makes the day better for me and we all know how important it is to keep me happy, right?  Plus, wonder again how the songs were selected for the show.

In terms of a never before seen videos, recently saw a coouple of Butch singing She Likes Hair Bands and Closest Thing to You in a California bookstore.  Of course, Butch always looks good, but he really cleaned up well for the book signing. 

Butch acoustic, She Likes Hair Bands

Butch acoustic, Closest Thing to You I'm Gonna Find

Conjured up that scary fan fear:  what if I were somewhere innocuous--the mall, the grocery store, the car wash, at the doctor's--and Butch was there and I didn't recognize him????  Awful feeling!  He has different looks, depending on whatever, so it's a bit worrisome for me.  I feel the same way about Angus--really think it could happen.  Guess it works out well for my sanity that neither one of them is anywhere near Houston...sad, but true.  Oh, well, just means that I need to find/watch other videos to console myself until I can see Butch in concert--somewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment