Wednesday, April 22, 2009

AC/DC Fannation

You could go to Youtube and watch a series, four so far, with a total of seven scheduled, that chronicles the path of some of the die-hard fans on their way to a secret AC/DC concert that kicked off the Black Ice Tour in November. The first four episodes have ranged from fair to very good and it's really, truly cool that there was a secret show for some lucky fans--via acdc.com, fans were able to get tickets--but it's getting to the point that the episodes just make me feel bad that I didn't know of the existence of acdc.com before January, so how could I have a chance to attend. Sure, there's an element of sour grapes in this comment since I wasn't at the show, but it feels like my nose is being rubbed--really hard, too--in the sniveling disappointment that I wasn't there. Don't slam me unmercifully, please, if you did go to the secret show--I'm very happy that you had that fabulously unbelievable great fortune to go. And, I guess I don't have to watch the episodes if it bothers me that much.

One of the online reviews said of the series/fans depicted: Judging any group based on a small sample size feels unfair, but some conclusions can be drawn about the stereotypical AC/DC fan based on those chosen to participate — think bandannas as headgear, experimental facial hair or extreme cleavage, and white skin.


Sure, I live in Texas, but own no bandanas, have no experimental facial hair--unless issues with eyebrows count, don't have extreme cleavage, but do have brown skin, so I just want whoever is producing these films (you know who you are, Hisham Abed) to know that there are fans who were't at the secret show, they don't all fit into a stereotype and they may have something interesting to say about their devotion to/obsession with/love for AC/DC.

No comments:

Post a Comment