Thursday, April 23, 2009

Fan input on acdc.com

acdc.com has a new topic under Come and Get It: fan reviews, pictures, expressions of devotion to AC/DC. I feel somewhat vindicated for my "whining" about non-inclusion in the AC/DC Fannation videos. My two cents:
Although I'd heard and enjoyed AC/DC songs since forever, I only got the chance to see them in concert on December 14, 2008. What an experience--unbelievable! After the concert, we went to a taqueria for late dinner--it's what people do in Texas--and of the 15 or so tables with diners, 12 had on their AC/DC concert tee shirts. Just an aside, almost everybody in the place was Chicano, me included. So much for the stereotype that all AC/DC fans are white. Everybody was sharing their concert excitement; strangers in most everything except how we felt about AC/DC.
So, I've gone on an intense "learn all about AC/DC" journey and have tickets to see them in Paris and Amsterdam in June. Have always loved Paris and I can't think of a cooler way to enjoy it this time than seeing the guys in concert. And of course, everybody likes Amsterdam--the show should be fabulous! I've followed the European tour via the web stories; it's really added to my excitement about my upcoming trip. Will definitely send in pictures/reviews in June! Fingers SO crossed that I'll be lucky enough to actually run into one or more of the band!
And, thanks to acdc.com for giving the fans a chance to express their feelings about AC/DC, the greatest rock band on earth!

No comments:

Post a Comment