Tuesday, April 14, 2009

PARIS, PARIS, PARIS on June 12, 2009

The reality of the dream is evolving: I have my Stade de France tickets!!!! (really long, incredible Bon Scott scream here) The tickets are beautiful--those French, always prducing stylish and eye-catching items.
Just came back from a short vacation in Washington, D.C. and visiting Sarah. A very lovely city, soooo many notable sights. The cherry blossoms were out and the weather was mostly mild. Spring is always such a surprize to a Texan. The National Gallery of Art and the Phillips Collection were superb. The Smithsonian museums were great, too, the whole experience was exhausitng, though. Sarah looks great and was full of positive energy. She is definitely Bibi's favorite person on earth. We had fun visiting the different sights--Lincoln Memorial is awe-inspiring, as is the VietNam Memorial--eating at the cool restaurants Sarah knows. Got a chance to smash cascarones on each others' heads, too!
Lots of drama for me about the summer US tour. Hope to have the fortitude to hold on to my plan NOT to buy AC/DC tour tickets until a Texas venue is announced. Otherwise, really counting on the guys making a concert stop in Mexico City.
Very glad to see that AC/DC Abruzzo is back on the tour trail. Rock on, guys, in London!

Since my time in DC was so packed with activities, I felt that the AC/DC presence and energy was at a low level on Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday. On the few occassions I was able to listen to the IPOD, it was like entering a different plane. I know, I know--sounding disturbingly new age, but really, my perspective and some of my best memories of walking around Washington DC will always be tinged with the sounds of Thunderstruck, If You Want Blood, and of course, Live Wire.

It was great spending time with Sarita and getting her advice on the upcoming trip! but, SO looking forward to June!

No comments:

Post a Comment