Monday, November 5, 2012

Win a Red Vinyl Edition of AC/DC's New Live LP!

Hadn't been to acdc.com in awhile--the site is not well-managed and whoever is purportedly in charge of it and takes our $40/year doesn't care--but have always enjoyed (most) of the fans who post comments.  Met a few--like all rabid, er, devoted fans, well, there's a continuum of crazy for the band, right?  I'm sure that to some, I may seem over the crazy end for Butch Walker, but I'm told that I was that way about AC/DC in the early days, back in 2008-9.  Makes me a bit sad--you mean I won't always feel this strongly about Butch Walker?  I still think that if AC/DC were touring, my enthusiasm and interest would be back up there.  Plus, that's what being a fan is all about:  fervor and single-minded devotion.  I could go on and on....Maybe next time.

Anyway, one of the fans on acdc.com let us know about a contest to win a red vinyl 3-disc set of Live from River Plate.  I put in my entry, which requires you to reveal your fave live song by AC/DC.  (sarcastic snort here)  Right, give me a break!  But, I said Whole Lotta Rosie.  If you've seen 'em live, you know that AC/DC's entire show is a total energy overload--the only let up in the sustained adrenalin rush that re-charges again and again each time the guys whack us black n blue with each mega-rockin' classic is when they play one of the new songs--but Whole Lotta Rosie, as they say, has it all.  The lyrics, sleazy and oh so Bon Scott, hammed up by Brian, Angus at his half-dressed, guitar god BEST (it's played after The Jack so he's down to his school boy shorts)--his riffs are UNBELIEVABLE.  The exchange between Malcolm and Angus kills.  The rhythm section is just jackhammerin' it throughout.  There is nothing to rival Malcolm, Phil and Cliff backing Angus.  Ahh, the good times. 


Can't wait to see you again, Angus!

If you want to enter, go here:  http://www.spin.com/articles/acdc-live-river-plate-new-album-best-concerts-contest



No comments:

Post a Comment